The Rock Creek complex includes 14 campgrounds with individual and group sites along Rock Creek. These sites are located near Crowley Lake, CA, just south of the town of Mammoth Lakes in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Campgrounds include Big Meadow, East Fork, French Camp, Holiday, Iris Meadow, McGee Creek, Mosquito Flats, Palisade, Pine Grove, Upper Pine Grove, Tuff, and Rock Creek Lake. There are group sites located at Aspen and Rock Creek Lake.
You can find a lot of information about the area at this great Rock Creek Lake web site.
The Rock Creek Canyon campgrounds were voted among America's Top 100 Family Campgrounds in 2008
- 20th May 2013 Canyon News.. Along with our Full Hook Up Sites in both French Camp & East Fork Campgrounds we have now also added a partial Hook Up in French Camp. This site now has 110 electricity for your camera, cell phone, coffee pot, etc.. All our Hook Up sites are 1st come 1st served so please see your Camp Host about check in & other specifics for these beautiful campsites.
- 18th May 2013 Hi Friends.. Great News, Rock Creek Lake Campground is now Open! with the great weather we are having we were able to get this up & running earlier than ever before, with the road having been clear of snow, both Fish & Game & Alpers have been able to get some xtra stocking time in so the lake has really been producing nice stringers. Pack your tent & float tube, it's time to go to the Lake!
- 17th May 2013 East Fork Campground will Open this morning at 9am! I can't put my finger on it, but there is always something special about opening this camp.. We worked in there yesterday putting on finishing touches & the whole woods were just alive with nature welcoming Spring and the start of a new Camping Season. The creek is teaming with trout & the weather could not be better, we are looking forward to seeing you all soon!
- 11th May 2013 Great News.. Big Meadow Campground will Open this morning! This popular camp nestled in the giant trees is even better than you remember, we have been working hard to give you an upgrade on the road in & thru the campground, and we are now finished. Along with last years new restrooms, Big Meadow is a Trophy Catch!
- 2nd May 2013 Hi Friends.. Update time, Iris meadows is now Open, it is time to come back to one of your favorite campgrounds. We are working now in Big Mdws and it will open soon, another update shortly.. Was flagged down an hour ago by a man with a beautiful stringer of 4 trout, 1 was 14" but he also had a couple about 2# each and 1 that was over 3# with a special tag planted in it's gill.. $$ fish for sure, just don't know how much yet. All caught on salmon eggs