For the first time, Northern Arizona has an organized snow play area with plowed and managed parking, hot beverages, sleds and other concessions. Activities include sledding, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and playing in the snow.
From Interstate 40, follow Hwy 180 north 2.8 miles past Snowbowl Road to mile marker 226 (approximate), turn left onto Forest Service Road 222B. The exit is clearly marked as “Wing Mountain Snow Play Area.” You can find a map here.
For up to date information on opening and closing (we are, of course, somewhat at the mercy of Mother Nature), check out our Facebook page below or our website at SnowPlayAZ.com.
- 12th March 2013 we are closed, from all of us at wing mtn. we want to thank everyone for a great season.
- 8th March 2013 we will be open sat and sun.
- 25th February 2013 Wing Mountain is closed until the next snowfall! Nothing but sunshine in the forecast!
- 21st February 2013 Wing mountain will be open the weekend of February 22nd. **NOW UNTIL END OF SEASON: $10 A CARLOAD!**
- 17th February 2013 Wing Mountain will be closed February 18th. We do expect heavy snow during the week. If the snowfall is as predicted we will re-open.....