These beautiful campgrounds stretch from the Houston Mesa Campground just outside of Payson, Arizona to Christopher Creek Campground, in the mountains near the Mogollon Rim. New! See our Facebook pages below for video tours or view them on YouTube here: Houston Mesa, Ponderosa, Christopher Creek, and Sharp Creek.
9th March 2015 We are open for Spring Break, weather is great, bring the kids and come camping!
- 26th January 2015 FYI, Houston Mesa family and horse camps will open this Friday January 30th for the 2015 camping season, it is still chilly so bring warm clothes. Happy Camping !!!
- 1st December 2014 Houston Mesa campground is now closed for the 2014 camping season, I just want to thank everybody for a wonderful year, we will reopen for camping February 1, 2015.
- 27th October 2014 Houston Mesa CG will be open through Nov. 30, 2014, come enjoy Thanksgiving with us !!
- 10th July 2014 Update: All campfire and smoking restrictions affecting the Tonto National Forest will be lifted, effective Friday, July 11, 2014, at 8:00 am. Please be careful with your campfires, never leave a live fire, always put it out with water.
18th March 2015 Spring is here at the Payson Campgrounds. Christopher Creek, Pondarosa, and Sharp Creek campgrounds all open on April 1, 2015.
- 27th October 2014 Christopher Creek and Ponderosa Campgrounds will close for the 2014 season on Nov.2, come enjoy the last weekend of the season....fall colors are beautiful! Sharp Creek C.G. will close this Friday Oct.31, 2014, Thanks for a wonderful year.
- 10th July 2014 Update: All campfire and smoking restrictions affecting the Tonto National Forest will be lifted, effective Friday July 11, 2014 at 8:00 am. Please be careful with your campfires and never leave a live fire, always put it out with water.
- 23rd May 2014 Update.....propane campfires will be allowed during the fire restriction.
- 23rd May 2014 FYI, stage two fire restrictions started at 8:00 am today, this means NO CAMPFIRES or open flames of any kind, no propane campfires, you may cook with a propane stove only. Please know this will last until lifted by the forest service.