These beautiful campgrounds stretch from the Houston Mesa Campground just outside of Payson, Arizona to Christopher Creek Campground, in the mountains near the Mogollon Rim. New! See our Facebook pages below for video tours or view them on YouTube here: Houston Mesa, Ponderosa, Christopher Creek, and Sharp Creek.
- 23rd January 2014 Houston Mesa C.G. will open 1/31/14 for the 2014 season, Elk Loop will be the only loop open until 3/1/14,the weather has been beautiful so far this winter,but it is cold at night. See you soon !
- 27th November 2013 FYI, Houston Mesa C.G. Will close Dec. 1,2013, we will reopen Jan.31 for the 2014 season.
- 17th October 2013 Houston Mesa Campground is now open for camping for the rest of the 2013 season.
- 7th October 2013 The Houston Mesa Campground has been close by the USFS, all campers must be off the property by Wed. 10/9/2013 at 1:00 pm. I will post any updates as I get them.
- 1st October 2013 Houston Mesa campground is open, we will not be closing with the government shut down.
- 17th October 2013 Christopher Creek, Sharp Creek and Ponderosa Campgrounds are closed for the season, Houston Mesa is open for the rest of the 2013 season.
- 8th October 2013 The campgrounds are closed, we will not be taking new guest, all reservation fees will be refunded through the reservation service.
- 7th October 2013 Christopher Creek, Ponderosa and Sharp Creek Campgrounds have been closed by the USFS, all guest must be off the property by 1:00 on Wed. 10/9/2013. This will be a closure for the season, we will reopen in 2014.
- 1st October 2013 Christopher Creek, Sharp Creek, and Ponderosa campgrounds are all open, we will not be closing with the government shut down.
- 30th September 2013 FYI, Christopher Creek, Ponderosa and Sharp Creek Campgrounds will be open through Oct. 31, 2013. Bring warm clothes as it is chilly in the evening, the foliage is starting to change colors, fall is in the air, this is a wonderful time to come camping !