These beautiful campgrounds stretch from the Houston Mesa Campground just outside of Payson, Arizona to Christopher Creek Campground, in the mountains near the Mogollon Rim. New! See our Facebook pages below for video tours or view them on YouTube here: Houston Mesa, Ponderosa, Christopher Creek, and Sharp Creek.
- 21st May 2013 FYI, Fire Restrictions will go in place on the Tonto N.F. on Wed. May 22, 2013, this will NOT include the developed campgrounds in the Payson Ranger District, so you may still have a campfire in the forest service provided fire rings only, please be very careful and always put your fire out with water before leaving your campsite. Come enjoy your National Forest !!
- 2nd February 2013 Houston Mesa C.G. is now open for the 2013 camping season, we are having really nice weather.....60 during the day, chilly at night, bring warm clothes.
- 19th July 2012 The Fire Restriction at Houston Mesa Campground has been lifted...you may now have a campfire in the Forest Service provided grill only, and you may use charcoal and propane to cook with.
- 13th July 2012 FYI, Houston Mesa C.G. is now open for camping, there are still Fire Restrictions in place, you may use propane stoves and lanterns only.....NO Campfires of any kind at this time. Come on up to camp !!
- 13th July 2012 We are back open! The campground should be up on the reservations system soon, but it is open right now for first-come first-served visitors.
- 21st May 2013 FYI, Fire Restrictions go in place on the Tonto National Forest on Wed. May 22, 2013, this will NOT include the developed campgrounds on the Payson Ranger District, so you may still have a campfire in the Forest Service provided fire rings only.....Please be very careful with your campfire and always put your fire out with water before leaving your campsite. Enjoy your National Forest !!
4th May 2013 Christopher Creek Campground now has four single family sites that can be reserved at Reserve America, the web site is recreation.gov , time to get your reservations for Memorial Day weekend !
Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov
- 1st April 2013 Ponderosa C.G.and Sharp Creek C.G. are now open for the 2013 camping season, the weather is great and so is the fishing !!! Come enjoy it with us.
- 21st March 2013 FYI...Christopher Creek C.G. will be open on March 29, 2013, just in time for Easter, there are lots of sites for camping or day-use, and great fishing in the Christopher Creek that runs through the campground.
- 20th October 2012 Sharp Creek C.G. will close for the season on 10/22/2012, it will reopen in April of 2013. Christopher Creek C.G. will close for the season on 10/29/2012 and also will reopen in April of 2013.