Camp, fish, canoe, swim, hike and bike on the shores of Fall Lake! For even more adventure, take advantage of direct access to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area
Wilderness. Choose from 64 campsites with electrical hookup available and 2 group sites on the shores of Fall Lake.
Cash, VISA, Mastercard, and Discover are all accepted. Book your stay by calling 1-877-444-6777 or visiting recreation.gov. Fall Lake Campground welcomes campers from May through September. Summer daytime temperatures in Ely average between 60-75 degrees.
Campground amenities include:
• Accommodations for RV and tent campers
• Electrical hookup at most sites
• Clean community restrooms
• Community showers
• Canoe rental for day trips
• Camp store, where you can buy essential camping supplies, pop, ice, snacks and firewood
• Free parking
Fall Lake Campground is just 7 miles east of Ely. Things to do near the campground include:
• 4th of July city parade, acativities at Whiteside Park and fireworks on Miner’s Lake
• Blueberry Arts Festival in late July
• Harvest Moon Festival in September
• International Wolf Center
• American Bear Center
• Day trips to Lake Supeerior
Like Fall Lake Campground on Facebook to stay in touch!
Driving Directions — Fall Lake campground is located about 6 miles east of Ely. From Ely, travel east on Highway 169 to County Road 18 (Fernberg Rd). Travel 4.5 miles to Fall Lake Road. Turn left and continue 1.5 miles to the campground entrance.
Top 100 Family Campground in America 2003 & 2006