Cathedral Caverns State Park Cabins at the Caverns
Back to School/Fall Discount! Book your cabin now through the end of the year at a discounted $140 rate per night--a $60 value!*
*2-night minimum stay required. Applies to new reservations only.
The full amenity rental cabins at Cathedral Caverns State Park are now available! Cabins are operated and maintained by Vista Recreation. Enjoy a cabin getaway and the endless adventure at Cathedral Caverns State Park!
Cathedral Caverns is a short drive from several great north Alabama attractions including: Lake Guntersville, Monte Sano, Desoto and Buck’s Pocket State Parks, Scottsboro, Huntsville, and the Marshall Space Flight Center.
Cathedral Caverns was originally called Bat Cave, and opened to the public by Jacob Gurley in the 1950's. The cave was renamed because of its cathedral-like appearance. Purchased by the state in 1987, it was opened as a State Park in the summer of 2000. The first feature most people notice about Cathedral Caverns is its massive entrance. The huge opening measures 126 feet wide and 25 feet high, a possible world record for commercial caves. The grand entrance is only the beginning. Inside the cavern are some of the most beautiful formations Mother Nature has ever created including “Goliath”- one of the largest stalagmites in the world measuring 45 feet tall and 243 feet in circumference. Cathedral Caverns features many amazing sites: a "caveman" perched atop a flowstone wall, a "frozen" waterfall, a large stalagmite forest and a most improbable stone formation - a stalagmite that is 27 feet tall and 3 inches wide!
- Bike Riding
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Watching
RRM, Inc., in a partnership agreement with Alabama State Parks, provide these facilities for your convenience and enjoyment. State Park rules apply to the cabins. The successful operation of this area depends on your cooperation and compliance of the following:
• Check-in time is 1:00 PM. Please check-in with the onsite Campground Host, who can be reached at 256-673-1168.
• Check-out time is 11:00 am.
• The entrance gate is provided for your security. Only registered campers are allowed in the park after closing hours.
• No smoking allowed in the cabins.
• Pets are not allowed in the cabins.
• Firearms or fireworks of any type are prohibited.
• You must be 21 years old to reserve a cabin.
• All trash is to be deposited in the provided dumpsters.
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Disruptive campers may be asked to vacate without reimbursement.
• Golf carts are not permitted for guest use, unless operated by a park volunteer with proof of state tag registration, and when applicable, have a visible ADA placard on the cart.