Burnt Rancheria Campground
Burnt Rancheria Campground is now open under the following circumstances and rules:
- To reduce in-person interactions, it is highly encouraged that you make reservations through recreation.gov prior to arrival. Sites are available for reservations starting May 18th and later. If you arrive without prior reservation, credit card payment can be accepted over the phone by calling (619) 473-0120. Payment using our drop box (iron ranger) is permitted with the use of available hand sanitizer before and after the transaction.
- Campsite capacity is limited to 8 individuals from the same household. Customers shall not book reservations if all members of their group are not from the same household.
- Camping with self-contained units such as RVs, trailers, etc. with an operable kitchen and bathroom is highly encouraged. Camping with a tent is permitted, but patrons shall stay within their campsite unless traveling to the bathroom, trash dumpster, or collecting water for consumption or dish washing, or heading out to recreate. Washing at spigots is not allowed; come prepared with a wash tray. Bathrooms and showers are open and will be cleaned multiple times daily.
- Guests shall stay within their own RV and/or campsite unless out recreating. Do not congregate or visit other sites. If you are caught congregating in a large group, you will be asked to vacate the premises with no refund.
- Please respect social distancing rules at all times. Meaning you are to respect your fellow campers by distancing yourself 6 ft. or more. If assistance is needed, hosts will make their phone number available to guests. Phone calls are preferred. There will be a bell to ring placed over 6 ft. from their RV if in-person assistance is needed.
- We want to keep our community safe, and are asking you to do the same. Please do not go into town unless it is absolutely necessary. And if you must, please take the proper precautionary steps of wearing gloves and/or a mask to avoid any cross-contamination.
- If you need any food items or supplies (eggs, craft beer, milk, ice, chips, etc.) from the Laguna Mountain lodge, please call (619) 473-8533 to check that they have what you need. The Lodge is only allowing 6 patrons in the store at once and requires you to wear a mask. Please only send one individual from your group to procure necessary items.
- Be advised that we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation specific to our local community and San Diego County. We are continually monitoring and adapting our operations to align with local ordinances. If there is a need to close again, you will receive a full refund.
- We will not be open for Day Use at this time.
- At time of arrival to the campground, you must not be displaying symptoms known to be consistent with COVID-19, such as fever, coughing, difficulty breathing, headache, etc.
Please call (619) 473-0120 for inquiries. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Burnt Rancheria Campground is located 50 miles east of San Diego at the Laguna Mountain Recreation Area in Southern California, right off the Sunrise Scenic Byway. Campers can enjoy hiking, viewing unique birds and wildlife, and enjoying cooler temperatures at this mountain facility in Cleveland National Forest.
- Bike Riding
- Bird Watching
- Pet Friendly