Lake Fayette Oak Thicket Park
Beginning November 1, 2020, reservations will no longer be through Reserve America. Reservations can be made at reservations.camprrm.com, with the option to reserve from this page. Thank you.
Oak Thicket Park is situated on Lake Fayette, a 2,000-acre lake that is a fishing paradise and voted one of the best bass fishing lakes in Texas. The day use area is a popular destination, and activities include fishing, boating, picnicking, biking, hiking, and birding, making these parks the ultimate family getaway! A network of multi-use trail systems connect Oak Thicket Park and Park Prairie Park, allowing visitors the chance to get out and explore nature through the forest, prairies, and marshlands. Other local tourist attractions are the towns of Fayetteville, Round Top, and La Grange for more exploring. The park is known for the lovely live oak trees, which provide shade during the Texas summers, and stay green year-round.
- Bike Riding
- Pet Friendly
No pets will be permitted in the cabins at Oak Thicket Park. Pets are welcome in RV camping area, but must remain on a leash at all times.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in any building, including cabins.
- No glass containers
- Check-in for all sites 3:00 pm & check-out 11:00 am
- Please contact park staff if arriving after 5:00 pm
- Park may fall under a burn ban without notice. Please go to www.lcra.org/parks for up to date status. A burn ban may include the restriction of all campfires, plus grilling with wood or coal.
- Group Events are permitted at the park. Prior written permission shall be obtained from LCRA for any organization group activity on LCRA land involving 20 or more individuals.