Cherokee Dam Campground
For any technical issues with the reservation system, please contact email@example.com. Thank you.
It is highly advised not to turn on Mill Springs Road if towing or driving a camper/fifth wheel due to the low freeway overpass.
Cherokee Dam Campground is located in Jefferson City, TN, on the upstream south side of the TVA Cherokee Dam. Adjacent to the campground is Cherokee Lake where there is a large public boat ramp, a day use, and swimming area with picnic tables and a pavilion.
- Bird Watching
- Pet Friendly
Campground rules are provided to campers upon check-in. RRM, Inc., in a partnership agreement with TVA, provide these facilities for your convenience and enjoyment. The successful operation of this area depends on your cooperation and compliance of the following:
• Camping is on a reservation system. If you do not have a reservation please see a host before choosing a site.
• Unattended camping vehicles and equipment cannot be left at a site unless fees are paid. Rented campsites must have a camping unit present to show the site is taken.
• ADA accessible sites are reserved for persons with a state-issued ADA license plate or mirror tag. The person who has been issued the tag must be occupying the site and may only rent 1 campsite per visit.
• Campers with an America the Beautiful card discount may only rent 1 campsite per visit.
• No more than 2 camping units are allowed per site, with only 1 unit being a wheeled or mobile camping unit. For campers under the age of 18, a tent (small or medium) is allowed for immediate family living in the same household.
• Camping is permitted at designated (numbered) sites only. A maximum of 8 people are allowed per campsite including visitors. Designated non-profit groups, such as scout troops or church groups, will be allowed some exemptions.
• All vehicles, including visitors, must display a parking pass in order to park in the campground. A maximum of 3 vehicles are allowed per campsite (if space permits). Vehicles are considered to be any of the following: boat trailers, wheeled camping units, automobiles, or motorcycles.
• No washing of campers, vehicles, or boats is allowed in the campground.
• Golf carts are permitted for use by RRM/TVA authorized personnel only. Motorized scooters are only allowed for those individuals with mobility impairment. Bicycles, skateboards, or scooter riding is prohibited from dusk to dawn. Safety helmets should be worn.
• The maximum camping stay is 21 consecutive days unless renting a long-term site. The camper and camping unit must leave the campground for a minimum of 14 days before returning. Other TVA Campgrounds are available for stay during this time (exception: Douglas Headwater and Douglas Tailwater are considered one campground for this interchange).
• Check-in time is 1:00 PM and check-out time is 12:00 PM.
• Visitors are permitted between the hours of 7:00 AM and 10:00 PM
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Please turn off any music, generators, or disruptive lighting by 10:00 PM.
• Campers who are disruptive, intoxicated, or behaving in an obscene or profane manner will be reported to the TVA Police, asked to vacate the premises without reimbursement, and will be subject to a ban from a facility operated by Recreation Resource Management (RRM) in a partnership agreement with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
• Place all trash in dumpsters except fish debris. Please contact the campground hosts on duty for pick up and disposal of fish debris.
• Campfires must be contained in metal fire rings. All firewood must be pre-cut and not include construction debris or pallets. No out-of-county firewood is allowed to be brought into the campground. Do not cut, damage, or drive nails into trees. Please do not burn trash in fire rings.
• Observe posted speed limit signs throughout the campground.
• All appliances must be kept inside the camping unit (no freezers or refrigerators are to be outside).
• Satellite dishes, power cords, and pet crates must remain within the impact zone of the campsite.
• Dumping waste or gray water onto the ground is prohibited.
• Alcoholic beverages and fireworks are not permitted on TVA property. Firearms are prohibited in recreation areas except in hunting season excursions, and are permissible only if they are unloaded and properly cased. State and federal laws apply.
• Pets: Only 2 pets are allowed per campsite; pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet or crated at all times. Please see further rules listed under "Pets" upon clicking "Reserve Now".