Watauga Dam Campground
Please contact email@example.com if you experience any technical difficulties with the online reservation system. Thank you.
Watauga Dam Campground boasts a large picnic area and a boat ramp located on the way to the overlook. The overlook for the Watauga Lake is on top of the mountain by the campground. The Appalachian Trail crosses the road up on this mountain a few miles from the campground.
- Bird Watching
- Pet Friendly
Campground (29 total sites)
Watauga Dam Campground is a beautiful, peaceful campground on the Watauga River in Eastern Tennessee. Currently the campground has no tent sites, but has 29 RV sites, many of which are right on the river. All RV sites have electric service and water, and 3 have sewer connections as well.
All sites require a 2-night minimum stay. Please call the campground directly to request an exception if you wish to stay for just 1 night.Reserve Campground Now
Campground rules are provided to campers upon check-in. Vista Recreation, in a partnership agreement with TVA, provide these facilities for your convenience and enjoyment. The successful operation of this area depends on your cooperation and compliance of the following:
• Sites in the campground are able to be reserved, some are on a long-term basis, and some are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please ensure sites are not reserved before occupying a site.
• Unattended camping vehicles and equipment cannot be left at a site unless fees are paid. Rented campsites must have a camping unit present to show the site is taken.
• ADA accessible sites are reserved for persons with a state-issued ADA license plate or mirror tag. The person who has been issued the tag must be occupying the site and may only rent 1 campsite per visit.
• Campers with an America the Beautiful card discount may only rent 1 campsite per visit.
• No more than 1 camping unit allowed per site. No tent camping allowed. Picnic canopies are allowed, but not for sleeping purposes.
• Camping is permitted at designated (numbered) sites only. A maximum of 8 people are allowed per campsite. Designated non-profit groups, such as scout troops or church groups, will be allowed some exemptions.
• All vehicles, including visitors, must display a parking pass in order to park in the campground. A maximum of 3 vehicles are allowed per campsite (if space permits). Vehicles are considered to be any of the following: boat trailers, wheeled camping units, automobiles, or motorcycles.
• No washing of campers, vehicles, or boats is allowed in the campground.
• Golf carts are permitted for use by Vista/TVA authorized personnel only. Motorized scooters are only allowed for those individuals with mobility impairment. Bicycles, skateboards, or scooter riding is prohibited from dusk to dawn. Safety helmets should be worn.
• The maximum camping stay is 21 consecutive days unless renting a long-term site. The camper and camping unit must leave the campground for a minimum of 14 days before returning. Other TVA Campgrounds are available for stay during this time (exception: Douglas Headwater and Douglas Tailwater are considered one campground for this interchange).
• Check-out time is Noon.
• Visitors are permitted between the hours of 7:00 AM and 10:00 PM
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Please turn off any music, generators, or disruptive lighting by 10:00 PM.
• Campers who are disruptive, intoxicated, or behaving in an obscene or profane manner will be reported to the TVA Police, asked to vacate the premises without reimbursement, and will be subject to a ban from a facility operated by Vista Recreation in a partnership agreement with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
• Place all trash in dumpsters except fish debris. Please contact the campground hosts on duty for pick-up and disposal of fish debris.
• Campfires must be contained in metal fire rings. All firewood must be pre-cut and not include construction debris or pallets. No out-of-county firewood is allowed to be brought into the campground. Do not cut, damage, or drive nails into trees. Please do not burn trash in fire rings.
• Observe posted speed limit signs throughout the campground.
• All appliances must be kept inside the camping unit (no freezers or refrigerators are to be outside).
• Satellite dishes, power cords, and pet crates must remain within the impact zone of the campsite.
• Dumping waste or gray water onto the ground is prohibited.
• Alcoholic beverages, fireworks, and firearms are prohibited on TVA property. State and federal laws apply.