Skull Island Campground
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any technical difficulties with the online reservation system. Thank you.
Sitting on it's separate island, located on Chickamauga Lake in Harrison TN, lies Skull Island Campground awaiting your next camping adventure! The campground offers 68 sites with 50/30/20 amp service, some with waterfront views, and also has a beach area and Camp Store. Our camp store is stocked with non-perishable goods, gear for swimming, pet and fishing supplies, picnic items, and gift souvenir items. We also sell live bait, sodas, ice cream, ice, and firewood!
- Pet Friendly
Campground (68 total sites)
The campground offers 68 sites with 50, 30, and 110 amp service, with waterfront and non-waterfront campsites. Campers, please check-in at the office/store before going to the assigned site. All sites are graveled. The campground has 2 different bathroom buildings; one of which is a conventional campground restroom with showers; the other has 4 individual family-style bathrooms and includes showers.
Please note: Only 2 pets allowed per campsite. Dogs must be on leashes at all times or crated. Exceptions to additional dogs may be allowed with management approval.Reserve Campground Now
Skull Island's Day Use Area has a swim area available for campers, and has limited avabilibity for drive-in guests due to limited parking space. The daily fee is listed below. The boat dock/launch is adjacent to the campground.
Campground rules are provided to campers upon check-in. Vista Recreation, in a partnership agreement with TVA, provide these facilities for your convenience and enjoyment. The successful operation of this area depends on your cooperation and compliance of the following:
• Only 2 pets allowed per campsite. Dogs must be on leashes at all times or crated. Exceptions to additional dogs may be allowed with management approval.
• Check-in time is 1:00 PM. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
• Sites in the campground are able to be reserved online or by phone.
• Unattended camping vehicles and equipment cannot be left at a site unless fees are paid. Rented campsites must have a camping unit present to show the site is taken.
• ADA accessible sites are reserved for persons with a state-issued ADA license plate or mirror tag. The person who has been issued the tag must be occupying the site and may only rent 1 campsite per visit.
• Campsites are designated as a single unit site (1 RV or 1 tent). For campers under the age of 18, a tent (small or medium) is allowed for immediate family living in the same household.
• Camping is permitted at designated (numbered) sites only. A maximum of 8 people are allowed per campsite. Designated non-profit groups, such as scout troops or church groups, will be allowed some exemptions.
• Motorized scooters are ONLY allowed for those individuals with mobility impairment. Bicycles, skateboards, or scooter riding is prohibited from dusk to dawn. Safety helmets should be worn.
• Visitors are permitted between the hours of 7:00 AM and 10:00 PM
• Quiet hours are from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Disruptive campers may be asked to vacate the campground without reimbursement. Please turn off any music, generators, or disruptive lighting by 10:00 PM.
• Place all trash in dumpsters located near the general store (except fish debris). Please contact the campground hosts on duty for pick up and disposal of fish debris.
• Campfires must be contained in metal fire rings. Fire rings may not be moved/relocated. All firewood must be pre-cut and not include construction debris or pallets. No out-of-county firewood is allowed to be brought into the campground. Do not cut, damage, or drive nails into trees. Please do not burn trash in fire rings. • Observe posted speed limit signs throughout the campground.
• All appliances must be kept inside the camping unit (no freezers or refrigerators are to be outside).
• Satellite dishes, power cords, and pet crates must remain within the impact zone of the campsite.
• Dumping waste or gray water onto the ground is prohibited.
• Alcoholic beverages and fireworks are not permitted on TVA property. Firearms are prohibited in recreation areas except in hunting season excursions, and are permissible only if they are unloaded and properly cased. State and federal laws apply.
• Online reservations require a 2-night minimum stay. Campers who are disruptive, intoxicated, or behaving in an obscene or profane manner will be reported to the TVA Police, asked to vacate the premises without reimbursement, and will be subject to a ban from a facility operated by Vista Recreation in a partnership agreement with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
• Each site may up to 2 vehicles per site if they can fit on the site (no parking on grass please).
• All vehicles require a vehicle pass to enter or park in Skull Island Campground.
• Golf carts are allowed with a signed waiver.
• Boat and utility trailers, jet skis, etc. can be parked in the parking area at the boat launch or on your site (IF the trailer can fit on the site - not on the grass please).
• Fences are not allowed under any circumstances.
Should you need immediate or emergency assistance, our staff is on duty daily at the Manager's campsite.